Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Challenge

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to present a new technology to veteran teachers at an MTT workshop. It was my first experience presenting in a professional capacity rather than as a student myself in a university or high school classroom. One of my goals as a teacher is to continue to develop professionally through attending, and hopefully one day presenting at, workshops such as the one I attended yesterday. During the course of the day, my fellow interns and I were challenged to write an article about our experiences with this technology for an educational publication. I am very excited (and nervous) about this opportunity! I want very much to become involved in the wider world of educational research, but it's also incredibly intimidating. I feel like I don't know where to start! I'm an English Ed. major, and so have had more experience with writing than most, but I'm still not quite sure how to go about writing an article like this. My questions from this post are: How did prominent figures in the field of education make their start in the area of publication? What are the editors of an educational publication looking for in the way of an article? How can I use this experience as a springboard to further my own professional development and growth?

1 comment:

  1. Mallory,

    My mom actually has a friend, Dr. Wayne Lord, who was an editor for an educational publication of come sort (I'm not sure about the details). Maybe I could try to get you in touch with him. He might be able to give you pointers about what editors would be looking for in general.

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete